Thursday, May 10, 2012

HAPPY MOMMA'S DAY

Four generations
Yes, still four generations. This was taken at my baby shower for Emy.
To all my Junkin' sisters who kindly read this blog-- Happy Mother's Day to ya! Doesn't matter if you have kids or not--this coming Sunday is a day to celebrate YOU and what you share with the world as a wife, mom, step-mom, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, daughter, daughter-in-law, grandma, grand-daughter, cousin, auntie, god-mother, and friend.
Junkin' Sisters
Even more Junkin' Sisters


Thanks to you for the prayers you say. Thanks to you for the reassuring hugs and

And even more fabulous Junkin' Sisters!
My Sweet Girl and Sweet G.G. at Build-A-Bear

words you say to get us through life's little struggles.
My Sweet Momma and I at Petticoats on
 the Prairie Vintage Market in Waxahachie, TX.

My Prairie (Junkin') Sisters
Thanks for cheering at our games and competitions in the pouring rain and sweltering sun, or at the "away" game few other parents made it to. Thanks for being in the audience and clapping the loudest and having the great "wolf whistle."

Momma, G.G., and I at Snoqualmie Falls, WA

Sweet Girl and I at Rudy's BBQ
Thanks for helping us pick out the right Easter dress, the right prom dress, and yes, when the time came, the right wedding dress. Thanks for making it okay to be fashionably acceptable in our cowboy boots or bare feet.

The girls at Pikes
Market in Seattle, WA.
Thanks for reading our poems, framing our artwork, and keeping our dried pasta boxes we made for you when we were little. Thanks for reading to us and encouraging us to read to you. Thanks for showing us the correct "lady-like" way to sit and reminding us not to wear too much make-up. Thanks for listening. Thanks for singing the songs for bedtime, break-ups, and celebrating. Thanks for laughing at our corny jokes, tickling us, and making having the giggles okay.

Waiting for the Miranda Lambert concert
 to begin at the Puyallup Fair.
Aunt Tracey Jane and Sweet kids
 at Diggin' It! in McKinney, TX.


My G.G. trying to teach me how to make her gumbo.
 I don't think I liked her suggestion. :)
Thanks for the car trips to unknown places beyond our familiar town. Thanks for teaching us to try new things like walking, talking, and riding a bike. Thanks for fixing the "boo-boos." Thanks for making Kool-Aid Popsicles, chocolate cupcakes,

My Sweet G.G. and Momma!
and tuna noodle casserole. Thanks for teaching us to care for our pets, our grades, and other people. Thanks for teaching us the Golden Rule and reminding us to be thankful, and respectful. Thanks for telling us we're the greatest, smartest, prettiest, sweetest, and most of all, for loving us no matter what.
Happy Mother's Day,
sweet friends!

Peace, love, and blessings to each of you!

3 comments:

  1. Very well done post, Lisa. I am not a mother but I had a good one and I miss her and all she did for me.
    Happy Mother's Day to you!
    Annette :>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Annette--
      Thanks! I think Mother's Day is a great time to remember all the wonderful women in our lives. I'm so thankful that I can call you a Junkin' Sister and friend. Hope your Mother's Day is full of sunshine and lots of love!
      Peace, love, and all the good stuff to ya!

      Delete
  2. Lisa, this was a super sweet post. Thanks for sharing all the memories! Happy Mother's Day to you, too! much love.

    ReplyDelete