Thursday, December 30, 2010

"SITTING IN THE MIDST OF PLENTY -- I AM GRATEFUL."

Diggin' It is located at 507 North Tennessee in McKinney, TX.
Merry Christmas, y'all!! We're just back from Texas where we had Tex-Mex in seventy degree weather on the patio one day and were freezing cold and layering up the next. (I've got to admit I miss that dramatic weather change thing now that we live in the NW where the weather is a whole lot more consistent.) We visited with as many family and friends as we could in the few days we were there. We ate our fill of Blue Bell Ice Cream, Tex-Mex, catfish, shrimp cheese grits, and even a little fried chicken complete with all the fixin's. (And yes, next week I'm back to my Jazzercise classes!!) I even managed a quick shopping sweep through several antique malls and boutiques in between driving from East Texas to Dallas to Oklahoma City.

Diggin' It offers customers an eclectic
 assortment of funky junk and handmade wares.

While in McKinney we got to spend a lot of good times with one of our dearest friends, Tracey Collins who owns Diggin' It, at 507 North Tennessee. Sweet Girl even worked with Ms. Tracey one afternoon for a school mentor project.


Sweet Girl has been a fan of Diggin' It since
 Tracey began dreaming of having her own store.
She's pretty fond of her "Aunt Tracey" too.

Tracey's mantra greets customers at Diggin' It.
Tracey has a bountiful store full of fabulous junk, and incredible treasures she's collected from right down the street and half-way around the globe. In addition to all the fantabulous goods at Diggin' It, now she'll also be offering my Good Ju-Ju Jewelry creations. That's right! 

My Good Ju-Ju Jewelry creations
 are now available at Diggin' It!

Tracey has several of my latest necklace creations all made with a little vintage junk and a whole lot of good ju-ju and love as well as my vintage earring bracelets! Thanks to Tracey for supporting the creative spirit and giving so many of us a chance. I'm Diggin' It!

A few of Tracey's funky finds.

TODAY'S GOOD STUFF:
1. GOOD FRIENDS
2. LONGER DAYS
3. CREATIVITY
4. COMFORT FOOD
5. FAMILY

Peace, love, and all the good stuff, y'all!


4 comments:

  1. love the pictures of Tracey shoppe!! I may borrow one! Hugs to you dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started counting the longer days since December 22! Hello & love from Tejas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,Valerie! Thanks for leaving a comment. Of course, I'm happy to share any pics of Tracey's shoppe with ya -- just contact me at my email address. I love shooting pics at Diggin' It -- everything's so funky fun there! :D Happiest of Junkin' New Year's to ya! Peace, love, and lots of great, cool stuff always. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, shetuck: Thanks for stopping by the ole blog! Enjoy the warm temps and TX sunshine for me, 'kay? ;-) I even saw daffodils coming up out near my parent's place in East TX. Sending you happy vibes for the New Year, my friend! Peace, love, and all the best stuff to ya!

    ReplyDelete